We’ve all heard the business wisdom that we should stop working “in” the business and start working “on” the business.
Of course, this sounds like a great idea...in theory.
In our experience, this is just a pipe dream for most small to medium sized businesses, because:
- There just isn’t enough time to get everything done;
- What does working “on” the business mean anyway?
- The benefits of working “on” the business are unknown or misunderstood; and/or
- There is no accountability (i.e. “I’ll get to that next week when I have more time”).
Small to medium size business owners are generally very good at what they do, but can be lacking in financial understanding.
Those that do have a good grasp of financial matters are often too close to things to make sound financial decisions for their business.
This is where we come in. We help you to maintain the right focus.
We tailor our Virtual CFO Solutions to the needs of your business which will assist you to:
- Plan, budget and set the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of your business;
- Regularly review with you the financial performance of your business and compare performance, both financial and non-financial, to the targets set;
- Set and monitor personal and business wide action plans designed to grow and improve your business;
- Make key decisions regarding the future of your business, often acting as a “voice of reason” in the decision making process; and
- Deal with outside influencers of your business such as banks.
In our experience, a lot of small to medium size businesses are successful almost by accident.
They key to business success is to drive the business forward in the direction you want it to go. If you don’t do this, the business will drag you along the path of least resistance, often to a place you don’t want to go.
Our Virtual CFO Solutions are designed to ensure that you lead, grow and manage your business in the best, most efficient way possible.
To arrange a free meeting to discuss how we can assist you to increase and manage your personal wealth.