Collection of Personal Information
Our main purpose for collecting personal information is to ensure we provide our clients with quality information and advice within our range of services including:
- accounting and taxation;
- advanced business services;
- self-managed superannuation funds;
- audit solutions;
- management accounting;
- financial planning;
- insurance, and human resources support.
Exceedia is subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements that make it necessary for us to obtain and hold detailed information that personally identifies our clients and/or contains information about them. Our ability to provide our quality services is dependent on us obtaining certain personal information, such as:
- Personal or company name
- Address and contact details
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Employment details
- Tax File Number, ABN and Registered Business Number
- Bank account/credit card details
- Current financial/accounting information including details of your assets and
- Income, expenditure, etc.
- Information about your family structure
- Commitments and Centrelink eligibility
Any other information including your medical history and reports required for the purposes of risk insurance.
Generally we will collect personal information from our clients directly, via face to face, phone, email and fax, although sometimes it may be necessary to request information from a third party. For example, we may collect information from their personal representative or a publicly available record, amongst other sources. We may also collect personal information from the use of our websites and information provided to us through the registration process on our website.
Use of Personal Information
The personal information which provided to Exceedia is used for a number of purposes including:
- to provide quality services in a professional and efficient manner
- to respond to requests
- to maintain contact with our clients and business associates
- to keep our clients and other contacts informed of our range of services, current
- changes in the industry and to notify of upcoming events and seminars
- for administrative purposes
- for credit reporting
- for recruitment purposes
- For the engagement of service providers, contractors or suppliers relating to the operation of our business for other business related purposes.
Exceedia may also use the personal information provided for the purpose of marketing their services. If clients do not wish to receive any marketing material from us, they can use the ‘unsubscribe’ function on any of our electronic communications or contact our Privacy Officer using the details below.
Pursuant to the Corporations Act and Accounting Standards (AASB) we are required to collect sufficient information to ensure the services we provide and the advice we give is accurate and valuable. If clients elect not to provide us with the personal information needed, we will not be able to provide them with the quality of service they deserve.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Exceedia will not use or disclose personal or sensitive information for any purpose other than what it was collected for unless the client has provided written consent to use or disclose the information in circumstances that are different to those for which it was collected. The circumstances where there may be an exception to this are:
- Where the use or disclosure of this information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
- The individual would reasonably expect Exccedia to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose;
- A permitted general situation exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the information by Exceedia;
- A permitted health situation exists in relation to the use or disclosure of the information by Exceedia;
- The Focaz Group reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by or on behalf of, an enforcement body. Where Exceedia uses an individual’s personal information under this clause, Exceedia must obtain consent in writing to release, use or disclose the personal information.
We may use the information collected from clients for the purpose of referring them to another financial service provider if required, and with their permission. The types of third parties we may disclose information to might include:
- experts or third parties contracted as part of an engagement
- our service providers
- our professional advisors
- Your financial institution (if requested).
We will not disclose personal information to third parties for the purpose of allowing them to distribute marketing material to clients.
Security and retention of personal information
Exceedia will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information that we hold secure, and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The security measures taken include:
- controlled access to the premises
- restriction of access with computer passwords which are changed on a regular basis firewalls to protect electronic information
- virus protection software which is updated regularly
- secure client portal
- computer back-up at a datacentre in Australia
- computer back-up tapes stored securely
- away from the premises
- confidentiality contracts with all staff and contractors
The personal information provided to us will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected, as required by law or in accordance with our documentation retention policies.
Transborder data flows
Given the current global economy and the ability for information to be shared across borders, Exceedia is taking the following reasonable steps to try and ensure data security;
Financial statements or income tax returns will be sent as email attachments unless the individual has requested this in writing.
Access or correction of personal information held
Exceedia will allow access to clients own personal information at any time by making contact with their accountant or by contacting our office via mail, fax or email. This is subject to some limited exceptions permitted or required by law. Our clients also have the right to request that we adhere to any corrections or updates to the information that is provided to us.
Exceedia may charge the reasonable costs of providing our clients with access to their personal information if requested.
Privacy on our website
It is not a requirement to provide Exceedia with any personal information when visiting our website. However, if clients apply to receive information, we may require them to provide certain personal information.
- server address
- top level domain name
- date and time of the visit
- web pages accessed
If clients or potential clients use the forms to send an email to someone at Exceedia through the website, a record will also be made of their email address.
Third Party Websites
Exceedia website may contain links to third parties’ websites. Please note that these websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
Exceedia does not endorse, approve or recommend the services and products provided on those third party websites.
Exceedia are very careful to ensure that material presented on our website is accurate and current. However we do not warrant or guarantee, and take no responsibility for, any errors, omissions, misleading information, viruses or other contaminants contained in, linked to, or distributed through this website. Exceedia does not accept liability for:
- any direct or indirect damage arising from accessing, using or downloading any material provided on or via this website;
- any direct or indirect damage arising from any person relying on information, products or services provided on or via this website;
- any direct or indirect damage or loss incurred by accessing sites linked to this website;
- any direct or indirect damage or loss incurred by any person using, or being unable to use, this website.
All people visiting this website take full responsibility for doing so. This website is maintained by the Exceedia and we reserve the right to make updates and changes to any part of the website at any time without giving prior notice.
Suite 4, Level 2, 15 Lake Street
Varsity Lakes QLD 4227
Phone: 07 55228400
Fax: 07 31445620
The complaint will be considered within seven days and responded to accordingly. It is our intention to use our best endeavours to resolve any complaint to our client’s satisfaction.